SXSW Skin Care Guide
Going to SXSW?
Have a great time!
Caroline’s been to Austin to attend the SXSW music conference numerous times. Here are some of her tips for low maintenance, beautiful skin in the “city of live music”. Keep your skin under control while you, maybe, lose it among the dance floors, BBQ trucks and throngs of venue goers.
Sun Protection. Sun Protection. Sun Protection.
- SPF 30+, tinted for face (give a little coverage w/0 dealing with make-up)
- SPF 30+ spray for body (easier to apply & reapply in public)
- Wide Brim Hat (don’t forget, the back of neck & shoulders need shade too)
- Sunglasses x 2 (you know you’re going to lose a pair @ some point, be ready)
Exfoliating Toner (provide a quick, deeper cleanse).
- Vivant 2% Mandelic Pads
- RA Berry Wine Toner + Stork’s Skin Therapy Facial Sponges
Quick Fix Spot treat (nip it in the bud!).
- Salicylic + Tea Tree Combo
- Apply w/cotton swab, no need to use full face as you’ll be in the elements. LESS IS MORE.
- Hydrated Skin = looking great!
- Hyaluronic Serum
- NaPCA Spray
- Flush out that sweet BBQ sauce and fermented grains with lots of H2O! Take a bottle to refill at Hydration Stations.
Lashes (I like to go Mascara-free at SxSw. How?)
- book a Lash Stain before you go.
- Curl lashes daily.